Thank you for all of your support during this difficult time. You have been so much help to all of us, and we really appreciate everything. The service you did for us was perfect and mom would have loved it!
Dawn, Bobby, John, Alicia, and Lindsay T.
Long Island, N.Y
I don’t know what I would have done without all your help. I really appreciate it!
Mrs. A., Long Island, N.Y
What a privilege it really is to attend the TBI survivor and caregiver meetings held at HealthSouth Valley Of The Sun Rehab Hospital here in Glendale Arizona. I personally witnessed what an asset Chris, as a survivor, and Amy, as his caregiver, truly are. Their profound love for each other, and their innate kindness and willingness to truly support survivors and caregivers are a few of those assets. Chris and Amy insert hope in our hearts. They have shown me through their own character and by Chris's Progress in his own recovery just how precious life really is, which has helped me view my recovery through a new lens.
Mark Chew, AZ
Having watched Chris Hotaling work as a Facilitator and Therapeutic Counselor; I highly recommend his services to those with Brain Injuries through Aspire Place. Chris has personally helped me along the path to a more productive life. Both Chris and his wife Amy have the ability to relate to Survivors and Caregivers on an intimate level. Their personal experience with Traumatic Brain Injury has given them the empathy to be highly effective in helping others on their journey to Recovery. Their passion is imbued with the formation of Aspire Place. If you are on the road back from a Brain Injury or other life-altering experience you would be well served by the capable personal coaching of Aspire Place.
Dr. James Pallas
Chris and Amy, You both truly are an inspiration to me and hundreds, nay thousands more that you have touched and given hope to.
Brett Cramer, CFII-MEI-AGI, MAS
I just had to tell you how very grateful I am to you and Chris for your caring and support these past 18 months. I still remember attending my first meeting with you and how much love and support was offered me. Keep up the amazing work you do and I thank God for putting you in our lives when we so desperately needed help.
Edina Geurinck, AZ
I wanted to thank you for being who you are…awesome people true to your heart. The both of you have changed my life forever.
Margaret Barr, AZ
I met Chris at a Brain Injury Conference in Glendale, Arizona in 2007. I sat in on a breakout session that he was facilitating and was impressed with his ability to connect with people.
I later had opportunities to discuss with him my struggles with a hidden TBI and benefited greatly from Chris’s insight. He always encouraged me to learn more about brain injury and he gently pushed me to improve many areas of my life. He also showed me the value of acceptance and taught me the importance of being “healthfully selfish” by not feeling guilty when I needed to slow down and rest.
One of the most important things to me in life is trust and I can say with complete confidence that Chris is a person I can trust.
Mark R., Arizona
After I had been in a Rehabilitation Facility for over a month; I started asking the doctors if there were others like myself with a traumatic brain injury that I could speak to and relate the stress; fear; pain; of my body and my brain. They told me there were no others like me there. I felt out of place and alone. The next week Chris and Amy did a presentation at the Rehabilitation Hospital and invited everyone to attend a support group they were facilitating for family members and survivors. If I wasn't still in a wheelchair; I would have been performing "Rain dance"! They brought patients together that suffered T.B.I. and strokes from across the valley and helped us learn to deal with our problems and encourage each other. Most of us have grown emotionally and physically through the past few years. I personally thank both Chris and Amy for all they have done to help to make our lives better. God bless you both.
-Mitch McCormick, AZ
Meeting Patty and the guided spiritual tools she offered, has left me with a calming sense of walking with awareness in my daily life. Her energy level is so intense that she makes you feel like you can climb the highest mountain to the top!!
Terry A.- Long Island, New York
When my son lost his grandfather and a friend, he would cry for no reason. Patty was able to pull him out of his depression, and he was able to move on. She had got through to him when no one else could. I'm proud to know Patty as a friend and spiritual advisor. Thank you Patty, keep up the good fight and work you do with others.
Michael R., E.M.T.-B, Red Cross, Plaquemine, Louisiana
When I first met Pat I was walking in a park struggling with my addiction to alcohol and keeping it a secret. I felt empty inside; no peace, scattered, alone, afraid and not in control. The second time I met her I found out that she was a minister, non-judgmental and also possessed a special gift of insight. I told her that I was an alcoholic, in recovery, and in early sobriety. Coupled with my fellowship, Patty has walked beside me as a spiritual director and best friend, building my faith as well as my relationship with both a higher power and myself.
Patty has walked beside me through many chapters in my life as I have rediscovered my purpose and to be the man God created me to be; a man of honor, respect and decency. In short, Patty has been an authentic guide and an inspiration. She is an enlightened being with many Spiritual tools. She is an Angel in disguise.
Joe F. Long Island, NY
When I first met Patty Furino I had no idea the changes my life was about to take on and how much I would need a spiritual guide and friend. I am forever grateful for her wisdom, guidance and support throughout my journey. I started a few years back to go within and I had no idea the level it would come to. Patty’s kind soul taught me how to walk aware and to live in the wisdom that is within. She gave me the tools needed for my journey but always allowed me to make my own choices and was there just as a gentle nudge to look at something differently but never told me to go right or left. I’m so honored to have met Patty and have her as a dear friend, confidante and spiritual healer. The conversations we have help me to see things clearly and every time I speak with her I’m able to take my understanding to the next level. Patty has a way of making everything feel right and in its own divine time; she allows you to grow as a spiritual being in your time. If anyone is looking to take their spiritually to the next level, Patty will definitely guide you through and let you learn your own journey and not take on hers. Patty has extensive experience in all areas and will be able to guide you through your journey every step of the way as needed. She is the type of person where if you need her, she will be there but she also understands that people may not need as much hand holding and gives you your space. I’m so thankful for her to come into my life. Thank you Patty, may your wisdom be spread far and wide and help everyone through this next ascension of higher learning... Love and Light Always,
Katherine Leo, LI ________________________________________________________________________________________________
“I loved it! Your presentation was very informal and enjoyable to listen to. Thank you Chris and Amy”
-Tammy Zoeller, Mesa, AZ
“Chris and Amy, what a great conference. Your story was an inspiration to us both. A message of hope!”
Dan and Peg Harris, Prescott, AZ
Anonymous Comments from Survivor presentations:
- Listening to Chris’s story has helped me to stay focused and remain positive.
- Chris’s session has helped me understand the life of a survivor from a survivor.
- Chris's description of his wife's support was inspiring.
- Chris is a wonderful speaker. I always enjoy his stories. They are teaching lessons and I appreciate his understanding of his injury and his willingness to share his life.
- Chris, thank you for sharing – the examples resonate for me.
- Chris, You inspire me to keep moving forward.
- Chris this session was very informative, insightful, and motivational.
- Chris, to this day you still inspire me to do and be better. Best, most impressive session of the day!
- I feel strengthened in my resolve and more hopeful. Thank you Chris!
- Dave’s presentation was very powerful and organized. He helped me look at grief from a different, more positive perspective. – Anonymous ,Survivor, OR
- The fact that Dave is a bereaved parent brings a great deal of first hand knowledge that we can benefit from. - Anonymous, Survivor, OR
- Excellent delivery and empathy with the group. Dave also gave great resources to take back to our chapters. - Anonymous ,Survivor - NY
- Dave, well done and helpful for us seasoned grievers. We need more workshops like this. Loved your handouts and book list." - Anonymous ,Survivor-
- Dave was interesting, informative and humorous (at times)in his presentation." - Anonymous ,Survivor, OR
- Chris and Amy, I really related to your presentation. Your day to day "real-life" living your love for each other shines thru, and it’s real. May our loving Father bless you both, forever. I believe this is your calling!
- Mr. Hotaling is a great inspiration. I enjoyed listening to him speak; it made me feel fortunate to be here today.
- I love your story and comments you make about TBI.
- I appreciate Chris’ willingness to open his personal life.
- This was an awesome session. I have more understanding on how a TBI is.
- Chris, as a TBI survivor was a model for other survivors. He opened my eyes to new strategies; the “bag of tricks” was an outstanding tool.